Monday, May 25, 2015

A to Z: Memorial Day


EMORIAL DAY 




I had initially thought of writing about marketing for M, but when I realized that it fell on Memorial Day, I began reflecting on that.


One of my friends pointed out that it bothered her when people would say, "Happy Memorial Day." As she said, with so many that have given their lives or the quality of their lives how can you even consider saying "Happy" Memorial Day? I can understand that. It's a very somber, reflective, and emotional time for many. I respect her point of view.



There's another way of looking at it though -- Happiness isn't always giddy. How thankful and grateful are we for all those sacrifices? I, for one, am enormously grateful. I'm happy that I have the freedoms that I do. It's not the giddy happiness that makes me want to dance around, but it is happiness.




My dad, my father-in-law, husband, brothers-in-law, and two of our sons served. Two of my nephews are still serving.  





Thank you.... all of you.












Three blogs for today. May you have a wonderful day with those you love.

  1. The Children's Book Review - Professional review site. Lots of reviews set up for readers. Great site.
  2. Cool Mom Picks - Not all books, but great site by and for parents (readers with children!) LOL
  3. Indie Brag - Excellent! Great site all about indie books.








No comments:

Post a Comment