Monday, December 31, 2012

Paranormal Romance Author - Tressa Mesenger


Please join me in welcoming author Tressa Messenger.  The interview is now working.  (Don't you just love technical difficulties?  :-P  )
Tressa writes Paranormal, Romance and Mystery/Thrillers.

Ann:  Hello Tressa.  I am excited to have this chance to talk with you.  I have heard great things about your books from Goodreads and on Facebook.  When did you realize that you were meant to be a writer?

Tressa Messenger:  I have always liked to write.  I grew up writing poetry.  I was always a good note writer because I could express how I felt so much better.  I was so imaginative that I would come up with these dramatic scenes and would literally start crying.  It’s embarrassing now that I’m older and I really hope no one saw me.

Ann:  You just recently released Protect Us, the third in a series about Anna-Marie and the oh-so-hot Alessandro.  Congratulations!!  Did you ever picture yourself as such a successful writer?

Tressa Messenger:  NEVER!  This has been so insane.  I always dreamed about being a columnist for a magazine or newspaper where I could write about anything I wanted.  I never thought writing books would be my future.

Ann:  How and when did you get started in writing and what was your prompt to publish?

Tressa Messenger:  I started a book when I was 20.  It was a way to get out some intense emotions that I was feeling.  But honestly,  hated to read at that time.  I never read for myself.  I learned when I was 30, while writing Protector, that I am dyslexic.  It explains a lot.  When I was 22 I read my 1st book for myself and was instantly hooked.  I proceeded to try to write another book when I was 23 but that didn’t take either.  Like I said, I wrote Protector when I was 30.  I had no clue what to write about, I just started writing, and it because this amazing story.  It has gotten so much easier since then.  I told myself in the beginning that if I sold 1 book and someone liked it, I have succeeded.  Of course the notoriety gets addictive, now I want more!

Ann: Cover art is such an important element in drawing readers in, despite the cliché "don't judge a book by its cover."   What do you focus on when you are considering your cover and how do you find your models?

Tressa Messenger:  I think the cover needs to embody the body.  I can write a whole story based around a picture and title.  I strive to make them all tell their own story.  The model for the 1st two in the Protector series is actually me lol the 3rd is my niece.  I imagined her when writing the character.

Ann:  I know you have been on the hunt for a male model/representative for your Italian stud Alessandro and asking for feedback to pictures on Facebook.  What are your plans for the near future?

Tressa Messenger:  Gosh, I really don’t know.  I have a friend who has a movie studio and I have spoke to him about putting together an indie film, so we’ll see.

Ann:  Okay, a question I'm dieing to ask is:  How do you find your inspiration?!?!

Tressa Messenger:  I pull inspiration from my own life and I write what I like to read.  Every single one of my books has personal stuff in them.  My latest one I recently finished, This I Promise You, is very personal and caused a lot of tears while writing it.

Ann:  Since your latest book is in the Paranormal Romance genre.  What about your Mystery/Thriller?  Do you have anything in the works to follow up Too Close To Home?

Tressa Messenger:  Yes, I left it open for a sequel.  I always seem to fall in love with my characters and have a hard time letting them go.  I have the idea for it, I’m just putting some time in between them.

Ann:  Where is it that people can find and buy your literary creations?

Tressa Messenger:  They can be found on any kind of e-book website and for hard copies, www.createspace.com.  Just type my name into your book search engine and you’ll find me.

Ann:  I definitely feel that you are an author to keep track of.  Where can all those who agree with me follow you?

Tressa Messenger:  I have 2 face book pages.  I’m not sure why.  I started 1 and someone told me I needed a fan page.  I can be found at www.facebook.com/tressamessenger and twitter: @tressamessenger



Ann:  Before we go, would you be willing to give us a teaser/summery of Protect Us?

Tressa Messenger:  Anna-Marie and Alessandro work hard to provide a stable life for their only child, Gemma.  The child that was bestowed to them by their goddess Ameretat for reasons still unknown.  Like Alessandro’s mother did to him, Anna-Marie works diligently to protect her special daughter and lead her away from following in her father’s footsteps in becoming a Protector.  Weeks before Gemma’s eighteenth birthday Gemma has a magical night with a boy, Ford Chase, who just may have been “the one”.  They laughed and danced and kissed under the moon light.  That is before he was forcefully taken away from her by a Rogue.  Gemma desperately chases after them, but to no avail.  Heartbroken and angry Gemma vows right then and there, despite her parents pleading, she will join the Protector order on her eighteenth birthday and avenge Ford’s death.  No one could foresee the events that would ensue thereafter and little by little the gifts that Ameretat blessed Gemma with become apparent and are far more than anyone could ever imagine.


Ann:  Thank you so much for being here!  I can't wait to read your books and see what you come up with next.


No comments:

Post a Comment